Move Your Relationship Forward On A New Path With Couples Counselling
In Couples Counselling your relationship is the client rather than the two of you as individuals.
Within a calm, welcoming environment our skilled MRC Consultant will support you to listen to one another and learn how to resolve your relationship issues in a constructive way.
The Benefits of Couples Counselling
- Increases your knowledge about yourself and your partner
- Helps you to understand and describe how you interact
- Teaches you how to break ineffective patterns and develop better ones
- Gives you both the confidence and insight into making your relationship work
Preparation for Your First Consultation
It’s useful to spend some time preparing for couples therapy. The following questions will guide you and your partner in preparation for your first session:
- What are your hopes and expectations of couple’s therapy?
- How would you describe the problems in your relationship right now?
- How do you see yourself contributing to these problems in your relationship?
- In what ways have you tried to solve or change these problems?
- How motivated are you to make this relationship work better?
- What kind of partner are you aspiring to be?
- What are your individual blocks to becoming the kind of partner you want to be?
- Are you open to looking at yourself in order to succeed in making changes?
The Therapist’s Role
Our MRC Consultants have the experience, background and qualifications to guide you and your partner to develop a more supportive relationship. Their role is to:
- Focus on your relationship
- Provide both of you with equal time, attention and understanding
- Help you to understand your own unique contributions to the problems in your relationship
- Encourage you to describe the negative patterns of communication
- Guide you in new ways to communicate and connect with each other
Make a Start
If your partner is reluctant to start couples counselling, you can start alone and then let them know what you’re doing. This will demonstrate that you value the relationship, want to learn new skills and wish to gain clarity by focusing on the issues that matter to you.
Your partner can join the process at any stage they feel comfortable doing so.