Grief is a deeply personal journey with many twists and turns
You will experience loss at some time in your life. That loss may include:
- The death of a loved one.
- The end of a significant relationship
- Being retrenched
- A miscarriage
- Having some form of disfigurement or permanent injury
Grief is the natural reaction to that loss and it is normal for grief to make you feel many different emotions that are difficult to cope with.
Emotional Signs of Grief:
The grieving process is your way of coming to terms with what has changed in your life.
Grief will affect each person differently as everyone grieves in their own way. Just remember that there is no right or wrong way. The grieving process takes time and healing
is gradual. Grief can result in some physical symptoms.
Physical Symptoms of Grief:
- Changes in appetite
- Sleep disturbances
- Aches and pains
If your grief is overpowering it can affect your self-esteem, make you feel vulnerable
or impact on your ability to deal with life. Counselling with one of our experienced
psychologists or psychotherapists will guide you to:
- Work through painful memories + emotions
- Process the experience of grief
- Be with your feelings of grief without feeling overwhelmed
- Learn to enjoy life without guilt