HOW ONLINE COUNSELLING WORKS
At MRC our preferred online meeting platform is Zoom. It's easy to use and provides a secure and stable data connection.
Confidentiality in these sessions is very important, which is why we've chosen to use this particular online meeting method.
All you need is one of the following:
- A computer connected to the internet
- A laptop connected to the internet
- A device with a webcam
- A smart phone connected to the internet
PREPARING FOR AN ONLINE SESSION
Doing counselling online in the comfort of your own space requires a bit of planning, especially if you live with others.
Here's a brief guide:
In summary, the important steps to remember to be ready for your online counselling session are:
- Make sure you (and your partner if you’re doing a couples session) are ready and sitting in a comfortable, private and uninterrupted space a few minutes before your appointment
- Your laptop screen or device needs to be at eye-level
- Switch off or turn your mobile on to silent
- Get into “the zone” mentally and emotionally before the call.
- At your scheduled time open up your confirmation email and click on the link
- Make sure your video and audio are switched on
Starting on time ensures you make use of your time. If you’re late it’s unlikely time can be made at the end of the session due to other appointments.
Please ensure mobile phones are completely silent (no notifications or vibration).
Please remember the MRC cancellation policy. If you cancel your session within 24 hours of the scheduled time the full fee is required.
YOU CAN BOOK/RESCHEDULE ONLINE
At the end of your first session you may want to continue some regular sessions in which case you can book future or recurring sessions with your consultant.
These simples tasks will help you get the most out of an online counselling session.
When you make a booking we will send you an email with clear guidelines.