Counselling For Men – Not As Scary As It SeemsImagine being able to speak honestly to someone about how you really feel,
without the fear of being judged, ridiculed or criticised.
We know that you might feel reluctant or hesitant at the thought of opening up in counselling. However, the feedback we’ve had from many men is that they’ve found their conversations with us to be the most effective and validating conversations of their lives.
What We Do
We’ll help you to understand what your underlying issues are and to face the hidden feelings driving your problems. We do this through:
Counselling is a broad name for a wide variety of processes. It helps you adjust to and manage difficult circumstances through your participation in a therapeutic discussion.
Psychotherapy tends to focus on resolving long-standing, deeper concerns. These may be feelings, behaviours or attitudes that have troubled you in all aspects of your daily life for many years.
Your First Consultation
It’s important to us that you feel welcome and comfortable as you begin the counselling process. At your first consultation we will:
- Take down some personal details
- Ask you about your expectations of this process
- Talk about your current circumstances
- Discuss the best way to support you
- Agree on the frequency of sessions
The Benefits of Counselling:
- Increased awareness
- Resolution of specific issues
- Emotional calm and clarity
- Greater satisfaction in relationships
- More enjoyment of life
- Improved communication skills
- Better ways to deal with conflict